nafex - [NAFEX] tree tags

  • From: mike tomlinson <tugger@netreach.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] tree tags
  • Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 17:18:26 -0400

I'm looking for a tagging system that will hold up for at least several years. I've tried the plastic self looping ones but the permanent ink isn't, I've tried the 1" x 3" metal (aluminum?) tags with wires but they break off after a year of wind and weather, and I've tried home made tin can tops with a heavier gauge wire. The latter has been the most satisfactory but not being an artist the lettering is less than satisfactory. What I envison is an army dog tag but the prices I've gotten for this type of product exceeds $2 or $3 each. Any ideas or is there enough demand among NAFEX for a service bureau to be established. If there was enought demand I might be interested in doing this in my free time. Unfortunately the equipment for this type of system is in the thousands of dollars.
Mike Tomlinson