nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Exploring Not Quite Cherries

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Exploring Not Quite Cherries
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 21:30:59 -0400

Has anyone grown Prunus fruiticosa? What does it taste like? Sweet?
Sour? Bitter? If it tastes like a black cherry and has more flesh, I
definitely want to try it.

Since the mature trees did much better than the young ones, and
apparently the viruses naturally spread mostly through pollination, it
might be less serious for the seedling bush cherry. Sounds like it
could be a problem, though. I have nearly as many wild prunus in the
neighborhood as wild malus.

Ginda
Eastern Mass. zone 6