nafex - Re: [nafex] glass

  • From: Phil Norris <COUSINPHIL@ACADIA.NET>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] glass
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:51:28 -0400

Del,

I don't know where you heard that window glass was the wrong kind for
plant growth. As far as I'm concerned it is absolutely the right
stuff. We grow many plants under glass here in Maine and are able to
extend our season, especially in the spring. Glass is cheap and
plentiful. Why just yesterday at the town dump I got there just in
time to see a man loading sheet after sheet on his pickup. Someone
had replaced the double glazed windows on their house and had
thoughtfully piled all the old glass carefully at the dump so that
the next guy could have them.

I just priced some glazing materials for some broken cold frame
lights. Double strength glass was $25 for a 2X4 sheet. Lexan was
$40 for the same piece. And Lexan scratches easily. It is tough
though.

Phil Norris Z4 East Blue Hill, Maine

Teach your child to read with Hooked on Phonics!
Hooked on Phonics is easy for parents, fun for
children and highly recommeded by educators.
Discover why over 2 million families have purchased
Hooked on Phonics to help their children succeed.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/oPDEUD/mfYCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM