nafex - Re: [nafex] cider apples

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] cider apples
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:21:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Woodwinds Nursery in Bluevale, Ontario has cider apple trees in their
catalog.

Regards,
Tom

--
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Hardiness Zone 6a

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 tugger@netreach.net wrote:

> I'm interested in producing good hard cider and know that it is
> essential to use cider apples. I'm from the east and am aware of one
> orchard of about 15 acres dedicated to these varieties located in new
> England but am unaware of any other orchards elswhere. Does anyone
> have a guess as to how many acres of cider trees exist out of the
> 461,000 acres Dept of Agric. says are in existence today in the US?
> Personally I've got about 50 of these in my 1 year old orchard so
> maybe I'm the second largest grower in the US BUT I doubt it.
> I'm also looking for referrences re varieties of American cider trees
> that were used when hard cider was the drink of choice many years
> ago.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Mike

Teach your child to read with Hooked on Phonics!
Hooked on Phonics is easy for parents, fun for
children and highly recommeded by educators.
Discover why over 2 million families have purchased
Hooked on Phonics to help their children succeed.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/oPDEUD/mfYCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM