nafex - [nafex] glass

  • From: "Mark Garrison" <pawpaw1@home.com>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] glass
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:07:04 -0400

When I decided to build lean-to greenhouse, had a chance to buy 1/2" plate glass, 3'x9', 7 pieces plus some smaller ones for $100 (department store remodeling).  Works great for starting plants, lettuce in winter, overwintering.  I learned angle was very important, since the most light comes in at 90 degrees.  So have to decide at what time of year you want the most light, find out from a ref book (Edward Mazria, The Passive Solar Energy Book (expanded professional edition, Rodale Press) what angle to use at that time of year.

Mark, RI zone 6

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
www.debticated.com