nafex - [nafex] Re: an good idea.....maybe

  • From: mauch1@aol.com
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: an good idea.....maybe
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:37:59 -0000

I may be repeating myself as the first time I posted this, I
got 'YahooGroups not available'

If possible place a scale on the drawing as 1 inch on your machine
may not be an inch on mine (would vary by screen size and display
settings)

Kiwis- Are you leaving enough space? I've been recommended from
someone who raises hardy kiwis in zone 7 that trellised you need 25'
x 8' (from personal experience I know that 12' on a vertical grape
arbor is not really enough). The same person also strongly advised
against planting Ken's Red as he felt it was inferior to Annasnaja.

In my experience the Am. Persimmon and Mulberries will grow much
larger than 15 and 20 ft respectively (I don't know how much pruning
can help this)

Fejoia - are they reliably hardy in zone 7?

What software did you use to generate the drawings?

Have you planned for using all this fruit?

It looks interesting.

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

--- In nafex@y..., lostman_amiga@y... wrote:
> I dont know if this is an idea that would be wrong for this forum,
but
> I thought I would suggest it anyway....
>
> A little background first...
> I am working on a fairly ambitious project(for me)of re-landscaping
my
> yard with edible plants. I have done a fair amount of research for
> being such a newbie at this, but there is nothing like getting
> differnet peoples opinions first hand about all this. This is what
> makes this place and other forums so crucial to me. I only wish I
> could show people my space and what I want to plant. I spent a
great
> deal of time planning on paper my landscape design to get a clearer
> picture in my head of what would go well in the space. I also
thought
> it would be a great way to show others what I want to do.
> Unfortunately, most people I know think I'm a bit odd for not
planting
> lawn grass, flowers, and boxwoods. I didnt really have a group to
go
> to till I found NAFEX. But I still would like a few people locally
> that I could actually show things too.
>
> So, to make a long story short, I thought maybe I can upload my
> yard plans to the forum file sections for feedback. Better yet,
maybe
> a folder of landscape and orchard plans so everyone can share thier
> vision with others......? Would this be to difficult to manage?
> any problems this might cause?
>
> I know this might be overstepping my bounds as a new NAFEX online
> member, but would the members and the owner be interested in doing
> something like this? I would love to see what other people are
> planting.

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/423498/_/982687085/