nafex - Re: [nafex] Thanks Yahoo Groups

  • From: "victoria l. caron" <vicaron@gis.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Thanks Yahoo Groups
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 10:05:22 +0000

Good morning!
So far I have not been aware of receiving any virus. Often people that
send virus warning email say that it's attacking aol or msn accounts. I
use Netscape and, knock on wood, have not had a problem yet. I use Iris
anti virus but even that needs to be updated. How much does the server
have to do with viruses getting through? ................vic

Tom Olenio wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Prior to the move from Egroups to Yahoo Groups, a rare virus laiden
> email slipped through. Now with Yahoo Groups I must see 7 or more
> viruses coming in a day.
>
> I would like to take this moment to thank Yahoo Groups for this
> onslaught of virus attacks on their list members.
>
> Personally, I would not care about losing the archives, if we could
> get back to a cleaner data stream of email. The archives mean nothing
> if a PC is no longer operational because a virus sent to machine has
> killed it.
>
> I wonder if that is why the list is so quiet... machines being
> snuffed out with viruses.
>
> Is there some reason we are not looking at MOVING the NAFEX egroup to
> a cleaner data stream?
>
> Really tired of virus attacks,
> Tom.
>
> --