nafex - Re: [nafex] Cherries in the south

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Cherries in the south
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 15:01:09 -0800

I can answer one question - DON'T plant multi-variety trees. It's almost
inevitable that they become unbalanced with one variety outgrowing the
others. You wind up overpruning the one, making it go all to vegetative
growth. Much better to plant more than one dwarf tree.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, unusual fruits, writing, consulting, more, at
http://www.hevanet.com/lonrom

----------
>From: lostman_amiga@yahoo.com
>To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [nafex] Cherries in the south
>Date: Thu, Feb 8, 2001, 12:07 PM
>

>Hello all,
>
>I am new to this list and to NAFEX (and to fruit growing).
>This is a wonderful resource!!
>I am in the proccess of building an edible landscape and I am
>searching for information about growing cheeries in the south. I am
>in Atlanta GA. (zone 8a-8b)I have read that may area is on the edge of
>the range for sour cherries. But I cant seen to get specific info on
>the south.
>Does anyone have any resources or web links?
>
>Any sweet cherries I can look at?
>I would like the Dwarf Cherry Combo that Raintree sells.
>Is that asking for to much? :)
>
>thanx

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details