nafex - [nafex] Re: Cherries in the south

  • From: mauch1@aol.com
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Cherries in the south
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 22:50:27 -0000

Welcome <name?>!

I can't tell you much about cherries that far south, but I wanted to
respond to something you said:

>I am in the proccess of building an edible landscape
I too am interested in edible landscaping, but I did learn something
a few years ago where there's an information gap [something never
mentioned in the edible landscaping books I've looked at].

I planted blueberries by my house (basically a "foundation" planting).
My house has a terrible bug problem - Massive invasion by ladybugs in
fall, every spider known to mankind, carpenter ants (this one was
solved). So I was having it sprayed (which included spraying around
the foundation). The blueberries interfered with the spraying.

Good luck w/ the cherries!

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

--- In nafex@y..., lostman_amiga@y... wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am new to this list and to NAFEX (and to fruit growing).
> This is a wonderful resource!!
> I am in the proccess of building an edible landscape and I am
> searching for information about growing cheeries in the south. I
am
> in Atlanta GA. (zone 8a-8b)I have read that may area is on the edge
of
> the range for sour cherries. But I cant seen to get specific info
on
> the south.
> Does anyone have any resources or web links?
>
> Any sweet cherries I can look at?
> I would like the Dwarf Cherry Combo that Raintree sells.
> Is that asking for to much? :)
>
> thanx

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details