nafex - Re: [nafex] wet soil, highbush cranberry and archive homework

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] wet soil, highbush cranberry and archive homework
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 21:37:35 -0800

Blueberries don't mind heavy soil if you work in lots of organic matter.
That's what makes a good blueberry bog, anyway.
I'm too many generations removed to speak it, but I'm still largely a
Svenksa at heart and I think very highly of lingonberries.
-Lon
----------
>From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
>To: nafex@egroups.com
>Subject: Re: [nafex] wet soil, highbush cranberry and archive homework
>Date: Wed, Dec 20, 2000, 9:22 PM
>

>thanks Lon, i hadnt considered Aronias,, only found a few mentions of it in
>egroup archive, i'll do more research, ive never seen or tasted one. Ribes
>family is a possibility i think if not right at waters edge? The mention
>of blueberries suprised me, what little i have garnered says "dont even
>consider it if you're on heavy clay" which we have 340' deep. Would i
>love to grow lingonberries!! having lived in the north of sweden, its one
>of the things you yearn for the rest of your life....lingonsil och filmjolk
>(lingon sauce and northern yogurt, yum) minnesota del
>

>>From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
>>To: nafex@egroups.com
>>Subject: Re: [nafex] wet soil, highbush cranberry and archive homework
>>Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 07:30:50 -0800
>>
>>Other hardy fruits worth trying might include lowbush blueberries, true
>>cranberries, Aronia. If the soil isn't totally soggy, gooseberries might
>>be
>>worth trying. How about other Viburnums? V. prunifolium (mooseberry) isn't
>>too bad and it's sweet where V. trilobum is tart.

Click here for more details:
http://click.egroups.com/1/10801/0/_/423498/_/977376661/