nafex - Re: [nafex] deer prevention

  • From: Sam Franc <franc@harborside.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] deer prevention
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:10:06 -0700

I tried that this summer in two locations.
It is all broken down at this time except one line they duck under.
I watched one occassion where they just ran right through one section.
I had 3 levels up in most locations.
They must just push on it as they try to eat the best parts because some on
the posts were pushed over before the line broke.
Sam

mike tomlinson wrote:

> I read somewhere that stringing mono/fishing line around an orchard
> will help to keep deer out of the area.  Can someone give me the
> drill on how I should set up such a system. One line? or two or
> three? How high, etc? pound test? Thanks
> Mike Tomlinson
> zone6 SE PA

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/15/_/423498/_/972364008/