nafex - Re: [nafex] deer prevention

  • From: Ed Mashburn <ribes60@currants.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] deer prevention
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 15:46:15 -0700

At 07:21 PM 10/23/00 -0000, you wrote:
>I read somewhere that stringing mono/fishing line around an orchard
>will help to keep deer out of the area. Can someone give me the
>drill on how I should set up such a system. One line? or two or
>three? How high, etc? pound test? Thanks
>Mike Tomlinson
>zone6 SE PA

Mike, I have heard that too and just Saturday I strung a two "wire" mono
fence around some strawberries that I had put out this year. I am going out
to the farm tomorrow to see what has happened. I completely "fenced in" the
rows of plants and will see if the "fence" is broken.

Northumberland BerryWorks
707 Front Street
Northumberland, PA 17857
Phone: (570) 473-9910