nafex - [nafex] viburnam trilobam

  • From: pinewoodel@hotmail.com
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] viburnam trilobam
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 03:49:51 -0000

this is my first attempt at a chat room, well see if i push all the
right buttons. i'm in one of the tiny pockets of zone 2 that
northern minnesota is blessed with. im now 3 years into a lifelong
quest to grow any kind of fruit that can make it here, well or at all.
highbush cranbery is native, happy , and relatively rare here. an old
timer told me that was diferent before the depression in the 30's. he
and every other kid went out gathering it, selling the bark for a
handsome price as a medicinal-- so much so that it was well nearly
wiped out. are any of you nafexers growing these, a few or
commercially? does any one know of a market these days for the bark?
highbush makes great wine, juice,.....
deer....what we cant eat are kept out of our large garden by our
$150 red snapper solar powered electric wire. i put up 8' t posts at
30' wire insulators every 10"(every 3" 1st 18" for racoons) insulators
and wire didnt cost much. i put outdoor carpet under wires to stop
grass from shorting out the snap.( carpet store loves me -they have to
pay to haul old carpet to dump) i'd say $200 would do a 100' by 100'
area. i educate them once a year with peanut butter on the wire, i
figure its kinder than lead. del in n. minnesota

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/15/_/423498/_/972618596/