nafex - Re: [nafex] viburnam trilobam

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] viburnam trilobam
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 00:41:24 -0400

Viburnum trilobum grows freely here in Quebec. A nice plant, tolerant to
shade. I sometimes use a bit of the fruit in cider. I don't have any other
use for it, but I would like to try. I think that cooked fruit can be
similar to cranberry. I had never heard about medicinal properties.
Claude Jolicoeur

A 03:49 00.10.27 -0000, vous avez écrit :
>this is my first attempt at a chat room, well see if i push all the
>right buttons. i'm in one of the tiny pockets of zone 2 that
>northern minnesota is blessed with. im now 3 years into a lifelong
>quest to grow any kind of fruit that can make it here, well or at all.
>highbush cranbery is native, happy , and relatively rare here. an old
>timer told me that was diferent before the depression in the 30's. he
>and every other kid went out gathering it, selling the bark for a
>handsome price as a medicinal-- so much so that it was well nearly
>wiped out. are any of you nafexers growing these, a few or
>commercially? does any one know of a market these days for the bark?
>highbush makes great wine, juice,.....

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/15/_/423498/_/972621622/