nafex - [nafex] Grafting filberts/hazels

  • From: Lucky Pittman <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Grafting filberts/hazels
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:50:36 -0500

http://click.egroups.com/1/9183/15/_/423498/_/968943025/

I've had NO experience working with Corylus.

There is a Cooperative Extension Service publication(Mchigan St. Univ.) -
may be out of print, mine is a photcopy dated Oct 1986 "Growing Nuts",
which, in addition to general descriptions of the various northern nut
species and management/production recommendations, has a short section on
grafting, including descriptions of the "Farris technique of greenwood
budding for filberts", developed, I presume, by Cecil Farris.

Copies of this publication, if still available, can be obtained by writing:
NCR Educational Materials Project, B-10 Curtiss Hall, Iowa St. Univ., Ames,
IA 50011. (515)294-8802; or your local Cooperative Extension Service office
may be able to get a copy for you.

I might be able to get someone in the front office to scan the filbert
section in and convert it to an e-file, if there's enough interest.
Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY