nafex - [nafex] Re: Bud Grafting

  • From: "Christopher Mauchline" <mauch1@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Bud Grafting
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:20:22 -0000

http://click.egroups.com/1/9183/15/_/423498/_/968858441/

Personally, I've never yet had success w/ chip or t-budding (hoping
for my first success this fall), but I went to a BackYard Fruit
Grower's meeting couple of weekend's ago where they gave a demo of
chip and t-budding. For the t-bud's they just used grafting rubbers,
but for the chip buds after wrapping it w/ the rubber, they
completely covered the graft w/ parafilm, said it was necessary for
chip buds.

The experienced grafters all seemed to feel that t-budding didn't
work well for cherries and they used chip budding for them (or I've
used dormant whip&tongue).

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

--- In nafex@egroups.com, "Jack Wigal" <kr8z@c...> wrote:
> Fellow Nafexers,
> A few weeks ago I made my first attempt at bud grafting( tee
grafts). I
> grafted about half a dozen peaches and the same amount of cherries.
I used