nafex - [nafex] Dead wood on apple tree

  • From: edforest55@hotmail.com
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Dead wood on apple tree
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 12:40:57 -0000

My friend has an old apple tree that is dead on one side, the wood is
hard and not at all rotted though. Should I take a chain saw and cut
out the dead wood or just let it be?
The dead part starts at the ground level and continues to the top of
the tree, there is no part along the circumference that has live wood
all the way around, its nearly equal all the way up, half dead half
live.
Any advice of experiences would be appreciated.
Kevin

Missing old school friends? Find them here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/5534/0/_/423498/_/963146467/