msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Transport via horse

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Transport via horse
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 00:57:52 -0700

Yosemite has some rather challenging trails if you hike beyond the "take a
pleasant walk" trails, and is the only Nat'l Park I'm aware of using Mounted
for transport in the saddle. (They also do body recovery transport using
pack animals.) But a few years ago there were other parks expressing
interest in this training. Have you heard of other locations in NPS now
using this training? If so, where?

Jorene Downs
SAR & CERT
Mounted SAR