msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] gaited horses for sar

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: no name name none <blindrodie@hotmail.com>
  • To: Mounted Search and Rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] gaited horses for sar
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 19:10:18 +0000

Well I'm glad this came up as I was thinking it but not writing in!

In all my 40 years around horses I have yet to meet a Paso I would try to do SAR with. I can't imagine Pasos riding calmly, quietly and with forward looking attention, much less any attention span at all. No offense, just my humble opinion...

I realize any horse can be trainined to do just about anything. I've just never seen a Paso that was trained to be calm and quiet.

Jim