msar-riders - [MSAR] Gaited MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Laurie Hanahan" <lhanahan@mindspring.com>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Gaited MSAR
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 15:18:54 -0400

In our MSAR team of 16 operational members, there are more gaited than not.  My mountain pleasure horse is meant to be in the rugged terrain we search, has no difficulty lasting all day long carrying heavy packs, has a sweet and willing temperament which is typical of this breed.  The TWH’s and spotted saddle horses on our team are also outstanding.

As usual – temperament and stamina depends on the individual horse.

Laurie Hanahan

TROTSAR

  • [MSAR] Gaited MSAR, Laurie Hanahan, 05/12/2009