msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Rescue equipemt on monted search

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Pennbo's <pennbo@verizon.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Rescue equipemt on monted search
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 12:38:27 -0700

Our unit uses blaze orange saddlebag, cantle bag, horn bag combos from Outfitters Supply called TrailMax:
http://outfitterssupply.com/prodinfo.asp?number=WTM225

My biggest concern/complaint with this TYPE of saddle bag is the zipper. Unless a bag is stuffed full the zipper cover flips up and the zipper is exposed. I just caught one bag on a branch yesterday and it popped the zipper open. Not to mention it could very well allow rain in. The plus to these particular bags is the fabric is very strong, the bags are really roomy without being too unwieldy, the cantle bag is big enough for a bedroll inside, and the saddle bags have sufficient snaps to strap to the side of the saddle to minimize bounce. I just wish we could've bought the same bags with a flap or snaps instead of zippers.

Chris Pennington