msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] New Mexico MSAR loss of a horse

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Dick Kimberley <dick@kimberleysofsantafe.com>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] New Mexico MSAR loss of a horse
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:08:07 -0400

Una Smith wrote:
>>A New Mexico SAR mission 6 weeks ago ended in a tragic accident
>>for one MSAR pair: the rider injured and the horse dead.

Dick Kimberley, a member of the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse,
tells me the Posse is holding a raffle to help the rider buy a
new horse for MSAR.

The raffle is for one of five donated knives, each with an
estimated value in the range $50 to $500 (most over $100). The
raffle will be limited to 1,000 tickets and ticket sales end on
August 31, 2006. Holders of winning tickets do *not* have to
be present to win.

There will be five winners - the first winner picks the knife
they want from the five; the next picks from the four that are
left; and so on.

Tickets are $3.00 each, or four for $10.00.

To buy tickets, mail a check (or similar) plus your name and
phone number to:

Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse
3213 Rodeo Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507