msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Propose to your local AHJ

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Sherry C. Hicks" <shicks@nwinc.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Propose to your local AHJ
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 20:10:58 -0500

Yup, I went back and checked my records. You are the one. He suggested that
I contact you if we were interested in starting a group here the right way.

Art was great to work with. I am new to SAR, my husband had done water SAR
and recovery for years, but ground is new to both of us. Art answered a
billion and one questions. Dale and I got totally cracked up while tying the
Swiss seat like a pair of 3rd graders. He just ignored us and went on. Dale
looked just like a Sumu wrestler in his.

He said if we needed more practice on the ground navigation (as I do) we
could come back while they were training. He would give a course and 20
minutes head start, and then send the dogs after us. It would be good
training for us and the dogs. I'll have to tell him you're on this list.

Sherry
Chattanooga, TN