msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Propose to your local AHJ

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "fred graupmann" <fredgraupmann1636@msn.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Propose to your local AHJ
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 07:28:24 -0600

Pre-briefing with the dog-handler is needed. I did this with the handlers on
a search defining the heavy undergrowth for them & the posse in the more open
area. Cross training with dog handlers and horses had been done before and I
knew these people, so that went well. Most dog handlers welcome this training
because without it they don't know how the dog well react to horses.