msar-riders - RE: [MSAR] bylaws concerning use / exclusion of stud horses

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: LMabry-zianet <lmabry@zianet.com>
  • To: 'Mounted search and rescue' <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [MSAR] bylaws concerning use / exclusion of stud horses
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:26:24 -0700

stallions are not permitted for SAR on our team

On Tuesday, March 16, 2004 7:55 PM, Slybarbara@aol.com
[SMTP:Slybarbara@aol.com] wrote:
> My unit's bylaws specifically state that stallions are not permitted to
be certified for mounted SAR. We have a member who would like to challenge
this rule.

> This message is to request input from all other units.
>
> 1) do you permit stallions to train with and/or participate on SAR
missions

> 2) if stallions have participated in training/missions, have you had any
incidents which could be attributed to the horse being a stallion

> 3) any comments, pro or con as to the resonableness of the current
prohibition?

> Thanks for your comments, experiences and other words of wisdom so our
unit can take a reasoned approach to this issue.