msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Predatory animals / Guns in SAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@bbv.net
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Predatory animals / Guns in SAR
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 23:28:28 -0700

Um- guess I should have clarified that one! <G> Yes, other things would work
better in general. However we are just now getting the repeater situation
under
control. And we've been on many missions where the radios were worthless.
We've
discussed options and potential situations. I was thinking in terms of if you
found the MP in less than ideal condition and had no radio contact an airhorn
would be faster than a rider. If each team had a predesignated sequence (team
2-
two blasts, etc) then hopefully a team with radio contact would hear the noise
and radio the sequence in so that CP could locate the approx area. Just trying
to think outside the box here until our communications problems are resolved!
<G> I know that your territory is much like ours with many valleys, canyons,
and
peaks. Presents some tough challenges to communications! Might not be feasible
after all......<G>

Chris Pennington
Big Bear MSAR