msar-riders - [MSAR] Information sharing / Guns in SAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Information sharing / Guns in SAR
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:57:45 -0700

If you think something I have written is worth sharing, feel free to share
it. ;)

MSAR-L has been a great resource for me to better understand how very
different the needs can be in various regions around the country, and how
those needs are addressed. Most opinions are influenced by environment and
personal experience, and discussion allows for different views to be shared.

While I can see a lot of variety in the MSAR Big Picture, I also see a lot
of common ground at the core. This common ground has created an unofficial
basic national standard for MSAR. Sharing information is where all will
benefit, because there is always more to learn ... even if what is
considered critical for X may not be as applicable for Y. I've picked up a
lot of good information here, and for that I say thanks to all contributors.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co, CA
SAR, MSAR, Swiftwater Rescue, US&R,