msar-riders - [MSAR] Proposed Right To Ride legislation

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "MSAR-L" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Proposed Right To Ride legislation
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 13:18:59 -0700

Now is a VERY good time to become VERY active in seeking assistance from your local Congressman/woman to support the proposed Right-To Ride On Public Lands Act. (see forwarded message below for more info.)

"To preserve the recreational use of pack and saddle stock animals on public lands, including wilderness areas, administered by the National Park Service, the Bureau of Land Management, or the Forest Service where there is a historical tradition of such use, and for other purposes." (Proposed Right-To Ride On Public Lands Act - Congressman George Radanovich,
CA)

This will need a lot of backing nationwide to become reality!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co, CA
SAR, MSAR, Swiftwater Rescue, US&R,