market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Plantar Fasciitis

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Deb Taft <deb AT mobiusfields.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Plantar Fasciitis
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 21:37:41 -0400

I found two things that helped when I had it bad last year.

First, mixing up the shoes.  If I wore the same pair days in a row it would get worse.  Never tried any of the specially-designed-for-PF ones, so can't comment on those; just changing it up seemed to help.

The thing that really did the trick, though, was the bootie one wears at night.  There are several different versions.  I have one with a hard plastic shell down the shin and soft straps that velcro around the ankle, calf and foot.  If I have to use it again, I'll stick with this one until it's worn out, but I think when I need a new one I'll get one that has the hard plastic on both sides of the calf and foot.  I have a feeling it would keep the foot flexed more effectively.
Here's what I'm talking about; I have the 3rd one down:
http://www.amazon.com/Most-Popular-Night-Splints/lm/R3UXI1KVRF3PM2

I've also become aware of keeping my foot flexed when I'm in bed or sitting on the couch or whatever.  The trick is to stretch out the tendon regularly.  Fortunately, I haven't had that godawful pain for several months.

Hope you feel better, Marty!

Deb
Mobius Fields
NY