market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Plantar Fasciitis

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Kakerby <kakerby AT aol.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Plantar Fasciitis
  • Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 15:49:59 -0400 (EDT)

I just wanted to thank folks for making me aware of this health issue.  I've been having pain in my heels, both sides, for about two weeks now.  I had no idea what the heck was wrong, but it was making chores and field work more and more challenging.  I've occasionally had issues with sciatica and I thought perhaps it was an extension of that, because it's worse on the side which is already affected by the sciatica.  I had heard of plantar fasciitis but didn't know what it was.  Thanks to the discussion on this list, I went to look it up and realized aha!  That's what this is!  So my reliance on my $20 garden slippers and $40 muck boots as the sum total of my footwear is probably over.  And I'm reading up on all sorts of holistic healing options.  But without this list's discussion, it might have been awhile (and a not-cheap visit to the primary health care physician, 1hr away) to answer it.  Thanks, all.  And here's to pain-free walking!
Kathryn Kerby, hobbling around again this morning but at least I know why
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA