market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] rototillers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: pech <pech9 AT rocketmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] rototillers
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 05:23:28 -0700 (PDT)

I don't have rock but if you look for videos of the harrow you can see how tough it is...... rocky soil shouldn't be a bother....you may need a larger tractor. I was 1st using a 30 horse JD and it worked it...I've even used it on a 57 ford 641 that tractor couldn't go deep but it was fine for weeding.  my harrow is rated for a 30 to 80 horse tractor. right now I'm using a IH 674 (60 HP) and it works great....