market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] rototillers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <artisanfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] rototillers
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 16:17:21 -0400

I've been using a 54" Kuhn EL32 for about 10 years now and it has held up well.  I needed to replace some seals this season and usually replace the tines once a year, but other than this it has been pretty troublefree.  We just purchased a well used Kuhn EL60 84" wide tiller that is probably about 20 years old.  My son is going through the EL60 and so far it seems to be in pretty good shape.  He is welding up some cracks in the covers and straightening out the guards and housing where it has been bent up from rock hits and will have it looking good for next season.  In his inspection, he hasn't found any mechanical issues so far,

Based on my experiences, I'd recommend looking at Kuhn brand tillers.

Andy