market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Chisel plows

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <artisanfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Chisel plows
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 18:26:25 -0400

How you would rework It depends upon the design.  The ones I looked at were less than $1,000 for a seven shank chisel.  With these, I would have either just removed the outermost chisels or cut the two sides off, narrowed down the frame and welded the side pieces back on the frame.  If you're handy with a welder and cutting torch the job could be done pretty quickly and cleanly.

Andy