market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Wholesale price list

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Wholesale price list
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 15:02:05 -0400

Don

This is what we send out every Sunday.  All our chefs have been given a price list at the beginning of the season (three weeks ago and is valid till the end of October) we send out a fall price list as well that is valid till the spring of the following year.  We still include the pricing because no one is ever referencing their price sheets we emailed them.  This list goes to everyone except Whole Foods and Green BEAN Delivery, with whom already have a listing of what they can order and send us POs when they need to reorder (which is the way it works for any of the larger grocers out there).

A version of the copy below will go out this evening once copy edited.  Between now and 8 AM on Thursday morning we get replies to it.  The orders (in email format) will be entered into a spread sheet (the only thing we enter is a single digit volume, qty, or weight), which is then compiled with previous orders into yearly totals AND an invoice for the specific order.  You will note that we do not list quantities.  We have found that it is far easier to let folks know what you have but not how MUCH you have.

The body of the email that is titled "Availability: Week of March 26th":

Deliveries are back to their Thursday schedule.

Warm weather is racing things along!  Please note that this week we have a number of fresh items that have just become available.  Some will be a little bit lighter in harvestable quantities and MAY be subject to a first come first serve availability.  Those items are marked with asterisks.  Obviously, this will change as we move into the main season.

Coming soon, barring any massive changes in weather, will be two types of radishes (Cherrybelle, D'Avignon French Breakfast) and green onions.

We are now out of buckwheat flour.  It will become available after we harvest the first planting in mid-summer.

This is what we have available this week:

Produce
• Micro Radish 0.00/LB

Wild Edibles
• Chickweed 0.00/LB
• Dandelion 0.00/LB (please specify if you would like greens only or with root)

Herbs
• Cilantro 0.00/LB
• Cat Mint** 0.00/LB
• Mountain Mint** 0.00/LB
• Lemon Balm** 0.00/LB
• Sage** 0.00/LB
• Thyme 0.00/LB

Grains and Flours
• Corn Meal  0.00/LB
• Polenta 0.00/LB
• Whole Wheat Flour  0.00/LB

Product of the Hive
• Honey, Gallon  0.00/Gallon
• Honey, 1# retail 0.00/Bottle
• Pollen 0.00/LB

If you want to see more of what is going on on the farm please visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carriage-House-Farm/298060066757 or on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/CarriageHsFm

If you have questions do not hesitate to ask.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855