market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garlic Planting Preparations, Question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rob Wallbridge" <rob AT songberry.ca>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garlic Planting Preparations, Question
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 08:19:08 -0400

Hi Richard,

I’ve broken mine down that far in advance, and it’s never been an issue, as long as they’re stored properly.

On another note, we got a hard freeze Friday night and another frost Saturday night; it got cold enough the first night to freeze beans right through a medium-weight row cover, but where the row cover was up on tomato stakes, the alternating rows of cherry tomatoes and peppers and eggplant underneath did fine. Over the past five years, we’ve had our first killing frost around this date, with the exception of last year, when we made it to the second of October.

Cheers,

Rob

Rob Wallbridge

Songberry Organic Farm