market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] deer repellent?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Barking Cat Farm <barkingcatfarm AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] deer repellent?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 07:59:39 -0500

On Sep 14, 2011, at 4:32 PM, Vern and Amy <vaspencer AT sisna.com> wrote:

> Has anyone used Plantskydd, Liquid Fence, or a homemade concoction of
> eggs or blood meal? What works for you? Thanks.
>
> Vern

The only spray repellent we've yet found that works for deer is BrowseBan.
Having said that, we rely more on fencing than spray as we have such heavy
deer pressure, but BrowseBan has worked on unfenced crops.
http://www.browseban.com/ We also distribute human hair collected from the
local beauty shop around the perimeter of the fence. Not sure how much that
has an effect versus just the fear of getting shocked, but we figure every
little bit helps.

Laurie - BCF