market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Colorado Potato Beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rob Wallbridge" <rob AT songberry.ca>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Colorado Potato Beetles
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 13:42:14 -0400

Hi Dave,

I used neem oil last year against CPB on my potatoes and eggplant. It was very effective against the immature bugs, but didn’t seem to provide total control of the adults.

Spinosad is marketed as Entrust here in Canada, too, and it is definitely the organic control of choice. However, it is only available in relatively large formats, and you need to have your pesticide application license in order to purchase and apply it.

Cheers,

Rob

Rob Wallbridge

Songberry Organic Farm