market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] new drip tape

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] new drip tape
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 17:06:48 -0700

> I think I'm going to toss out a lot of old tape this year, and start
> over with new; and try to keep better track of what condition it's in
> when it gets picked up again, and toss out anything with a lot of
> holes in it. Spent way too much time last year trying to patch some
> tape that had too many holes.
>

> -- Rivka; Finger Lakes NY, Zone 5 mostly
>
>If you're thinking of replacing your drip tape I highly recommend the
soaker hose made of recycled tires. I have some I've been using for 10
years now with no problems or hassles. At the worst one of the ends may
go and is easily repaired with a simple hose end repair. It is possible
to get it in huge rolls and set your own hose ends. Years ago I used the
drip tape and it was a constant battle. Good luck Sora