market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] CPB

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pam Twin Oaks <pam AT twinoaks.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] CPB
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 14:22:28 -0400

Dave

We use spinosad to kill our CPB. One spraying has done it this year. Sometimes we do a spot spray after some days to catch any we missed. There are OMRI forms of spinosad, which tend to be large expensive quantities. We use a spray sold by Seven Springs in Virginia http://www.7springsfarm.com/catalog.html#PestMan, available in small sizes as well as large.

Dave said:
"Our populations are not in the emergency range yet, but we are seeing some CPB pressure so I'll try to start usinPam Dawling, Twin Oaks Community, Louisa, VA. 100F todayg the Mycotrol as soon as it arrives.  If anyone has any experience with that product I'd love to hear about it.  I'm hoping it will prevent much hatching from happening...we just found a few eggs for the first time yesterday in our patches."

Pam Dawling, Twin Oaks Community, Louisa, VA. 100F today