market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] vacation weekend question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] vacation weekend question
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 20:52:09 -0400

I decided today after getting hammered by yet another squall line of thunderstorms that I would indeed go with my wife up to visit her folks on Lake Erie and do some perch and walleye fishing.

You can always take time and as I watched the Miami River flood out of its banks today into pastures and potato fields I felt I needed to high quality time off.

I personally do not manage our stables and there is a reason I do not raise animals for food....plants are far more capable fo taking care of themselves for a couple days without human intervention.  :)  The hay can wait, the fields need to dry out, and there is a reason I hired a person to manage our garden.

I told all my chefs I would be sending out what we have available a day later and they were all fine with that.

See everyone next week.

So far, we are right around 14" over where we should be in total rainfall at the end of May.  This weekend it goes into the 90s.

Trust me, you can leave any time you want.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855