market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] vacation weekend question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] vacation weekend question
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 09:40:07 -0400

I have never taken anytime off during the growing season, and very little time in the winter. This year, we are going to my son’s wedding, in Arkansas and will be gone almost 2 weeks. My son that helps me on the farm will be here to take care of everything, but it is going to be a little too much for him, even though he does this everyday, but without my help it will be hard. I can’t miss my other son’s wedding. Things will be behind on the farm, and I have to miss my markets, but after all these years, I think it will be great to have a break. I have been doing Winter Farmers Markets for several years. I hope to visit several farms while we are on the road.

Sue

Vermont