market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Labels for Zip-Lock Produce Bags (?)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marcy" <mlynnn AT wildblue.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Labels for Zip-Lock Produce Bags (?)
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 15:28:20 -0700

I ran across these last fall when I was looking for an alternative.  The way I understand it, the vinyl on the label encapsulates the inkjet ink. I have a good laser printer but wanted to print some color labels off my inkjet that wouldn’t “run” all over.  I haven’t tried them. Cost per label on this size looks to be $.04 without shipping or ink.

http://www.planetlabel.com/labels/product/inkjet-laser/white-inkjet-water-resistant-vinyl-1-x-2-5-8-rectangle

If you can get a basic/generic label done for your farm that you can fill in the price or product or something, it’s usually not so costly. We got some one color (green ink) labels done for our cooperative and we can fill in farm name, customer and product.  Sharpie Industrial Super Permanent markers work good to write on the label.

Marcy
SE Colo