market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Labels for Zip-Lock Produce Bags (?)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Labels for Zip-Lock Produce Bags (?)
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:12:52 -0500

I use a lot of labels for my honey and pollen.

I just started having labels made that are "generic" for our bulk buckets of corn meal and whole wheat flower BUT were sized to fit on bags as small as coffee bags.

The cool thing is that I can print on them with my laser printer.  Full color labels.  Price was about a buck a sheet since I did a small 100 sheet run.  Each sheet is 10Up.  The more your print the cheaper it is.  You can also go with no laser print offset printed labels that you would simply write on which is what I do for my honey labels.  Price for those is something like 60.00 for 2000.  Size, substrate, and quantity moves pricing around a lot.

I use Growers Discount Labels.  My last run of kraft stock honey labels were about 90.00 for 4000 labels.

They are great to work with and located in Pennsylvania.

I would also suggest looking into a somewhat heavier poly bag with a tape tie (using a dispenser that looks like a stapler).  You cost goes WAY down.  I purchased my last set of bags, 12x16 for greens, an heavy clear 6mil bag to replace my 20# buckets of flour/meal.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855