market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Labels for Zip-Lock Produce Bags (?)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer AT outlands.ca>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Labels for Zip-Lock Produce Bags (?)
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:05:41 -0500

That's correct: laser printing is "waterproof" in the sense that it will
not smear when wet. Inkjet will, unless you use some special waterproof
paper ($$$).

My experience with laser is the opposite of Lucy. The consumable cost a
fraction of inkjets per page, they are faster, more reliable, less noisy
and the output is of better quality. As with everything, the trick is
to not buy the absolute rock-bottom model. If you go for a mid-range
home office type, you can probably find something that will last you
many many years.

If you must go inkjet, find one when you can refill the cartridge. I
use an HP printer that take HP cartridge 27 and 28. They are really
easy to refill, and it cost me cent on the dollars to refill. Still, I
would not use it for any serious work (it's the printer used by the
kids). It is just terribly slow, and the output never look good enough
for my taste.

I have a strong bias for HP as a brand.

Just my 0.02$.

Etienne