market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Labels for Zip-Lock Produce Bags (?)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Owsley lucy <boulderbelt AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Labels for Zip-Lock Produce Bags (?)
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 07:50:49 -0500

I find ink jet labels hold up well in refrigeration. If water proof is a huge issue consider getting a laser printer as they are all water proof (the toner, not the printers). But i have owned them in the past and found the toner/ink very expensive and they stink while printing so i had to assume they were off gassing some pretty bad chemicals. Plus the particular printer i used was a bad printer and did a very bad job with my labels before dying after 4 months of use (it was so bad I can't even remember what the brand was).

Now I use a Canon Pixma MX320 printer and find the inks are quite water resistant in that they have to get really wet before they start to run and really it is not running but fading. I am happy with this printer though the ink is more expensive than I like (but a tax write off so not all bad) but it is high quality.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Eco-Farm
Eaton, OH