market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Lean to green house advice

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: W DELLINGER <hunger AT hunger.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Lean to green house advice
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:03:12 -0600

I have used the corrugated fiberglass panels---they don't last and are very difficult to seal. They also are not very good insulation in themselves.

I have built three lean-to greenhouses over the years---my preference is to use recycled patio doors with dual panes for the sloping roof and to use recycled sliders, wood or metal, for the vertical south wall. A greenhouse built in this fashion 20 years ago is still in use.

Bill
near Columbia, MO