market-farming - [Market-farming] Lean to green house advice

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joe Tittiger <joe AT tittiger.com>
  • To: Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Lean to green house advice
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 15:17:57 -0600

I have a friend that wants to build a green house on the South side of his heated woodshop.
The wood shop is 60 feet long.   He is leaning towards wooden frame because he is a carpenter and familiar with wood
more than metal. He  is picturing using the congregated (wavy) fiberglass panels. A 3 foot knee wall and growing on benches or raised
beds. He also pictures it being 10-12' deep.

 I have different opinions than his but wanted to throw this out there and see what kind of feedback we get.  If you can suggest any books
or forums that would be much appreciated also.

Thanks in advance
Joe in Seymour MO