market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] scales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] scales
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:03:32 -0500

NY scales must be Legal For Trade.  Your county Weights and Measures office tests and certifies them.

My first went up to 15 lbs, but I'm happy my second goes up to 30 lbs.

If doing meats, need two decimal places.

Be sure the scale will save the price from item to item - saves a lot of time when bagging things up.  The work around is to put the next bag on as you take the previous bag off.  Make sure it uses a rechargeable battery.  My first used D cells which got expensive quickly.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead, Peru, NY
Farm Fresh Food Club CSA - http://rhomestead.com
Become a Fan on Facebook

Garden fresh vegetables, organically grown, and pastured chicken, duck, and geese

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe