market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Lean to green house advice

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Lean to green house advice
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 20:53:05 -0500

Sounds like the design I want to do but with a hillside rather than a wood shop as the back wall.  Rather than those style of roofing panels I was going to use the new polycarb versions of the metal roofing we have on our pole barn that are rated for 25lb snow loads.  Unfortunately full ownership of the property (having leased he mineral rights of the property) does not revert back to us till 2013.  So I have to wait.

I would also use wood as we have a mill.

I would say his design, in general, would be fine.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855