market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Small tractor suggestion?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mac" <gofish54 AT centurytel.net>
  • To: <thamnophis AT gmail.com>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Small tractor suggestion?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 22:54:19 -0500

We use a Ford 5000 to work beds, brush hog, haul manure, blade the drive, dig potatoes, haul stuff. The more time I spend on the tractor, the better. These Fords will probably fall in your price range and have features that the earlier ones did not. Most of the 2000-5000 tractors were built in the late sixties and early seventies. The higher number the higher the horsepower and the bigger it is to get on and off. We use the utility tractor not the crop tractor so it is shorter.
You might be happier with a 2000 or 3000 which would be the size of the tractor you described. These tractors would probably be worth looking at. Mac

Quoting Thamnophis <thamnophis AT gmail.com>:
Any tips or suggestions for small tractors? I don't have a farm
background so am confused about what to look for in a used tractor.